Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Day 2

Covered exactly 77 miles today!
Started the wheels spinning @ 9 am after breaking camp in Big Pine Key.Retired from the road & the bike about an hour ago @11pm.(lots of breaks today,plus the famous 7 mile bridge just before Marathon slowed me down, big winds equals 7mph pace) It's now about 1 am. I find myself in the (plush & spacious lobby)of the Hampton Inn in Key Largo!! Not a hotel room or campground with availability. After chatting with the Desk clerk for an hour, she told me to go find a couch in a quite corner and get some sleep. So here I sit in my quite corner,snug as a bug!!
First light I leave the Keys and get on Old Card Sound Road and head towards Miami Beach.I met some neat people today and enjoyed the road! Stopped in the American Legion in Key Largo for dinner. While there eating, traffic on hwy 1 backed up and came to a halt for 2 hours. A drunk driver hit a guy on a bicycle and killed him. Wow, what I already believed was proven to me , I am most certainly being watched over. Today I Asked a family to take my picture, and the parents let the 2 sons do it, I had the perfect gift for them, Be the Blessing Bracelets!
Day 2 is blending with day 3
Time for a cat nap.......








- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone (cycling on AC's atlantic coast route)

Location:Overseas Hwy,Upper Keys,United States

1 comment: